Building Online Community Brick by Virtual Brick
Web Worker Daily had a great post yesterday about building online communities:
1. You can’t own a community.
2. Communities aren’t free.
3. Every community needs leadership.
4. A community dies if it is all about you.
5. At some point, organic communities need roots.
6. Community building is not all about the tools.
This is really great stuff – and the just of it all is online community building is hard. The best bet is just getting people involved who are passionate about the subject.