- Intel Celeron Duel Core
- 2GB DDR3L
- Full-HD 1920 x 1080 display
- HDMI port
- HD Webcam
- Operation System: Chrome OS
- 16 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD) (Note: No CD or DVD drive)
- 21.5-Inch Screen
The LG All-In-One has been upgraded. It has some nice enhancements, making it feel much more like a true desktop system.
The upgraded version also allows for a dual monitor setup using the built in HDMI port.
It comes with a gorgeous 21.5 full-HD 1920 x 1080 display, a keyboard and a mouse. Despite the a price tag at $300, the screen is nice, offers good color quality and viewing angles. The screen is a matte finish which greatly reduces glare.
Buttons on the monitor allow you to change the “mode” of the screen from normal to reading – which is best for long reading or writing sessions. The screen doesn’t come with touch capabilities as the OS itself wasn’t made with that form of input in mind. It also includes a webcam. Unfortunately, the webcam is not HD and is just “ok”.
As with most of these systems, the LG comes with built in WiFi and Bluetooth. Most Chromebooks also come with a year of Google’s cloud storage – the LG comes with 100 Gig. The Chromebase is equipped with a 16 GB SSD. 2 GBs of RAM and an Intel Celeron 2955U processor. Web applications like Google Docs, Facebook, YouTube and flash based games run lag-free as long as you don’t ahve too many tabs open.
Lastly, the keyboard and mouse leave much to be desired. The buttons on the keyboard feel squishy and lack the click you come to expect of office keyboards. And the mouse feels cheaply made and hollow, which is odd given the quality of the monitor. That’s not to say that they’re not functional though. They work alright, but at the cost of efficiency. The are USB, so they can be switched out for better units.
- Can I connect another monitor for a dual monitor setup? Yes, there is an HDMI port
- How can I connect it to my internet connection? You can use either a WiFi/wireless connection or plug it directly to your network/router with an ethernet cable.
- Does it have a webcam? Yes – a full HD webcam.
- Can I use a Bluetooth keyboard? Yes – there is full Bluetooth support.
- Does it have USB ports? Yes – 3 to be exact.
“Very fast, good display, and is perfectly suited to my home computing needs. Tremendous value. Couldn’t be more pleased.”
“I bought 3 of these as gifts for friends who just hated the upkeep required for a windows computer.”
“Price point was perfect for me due to budget constraints.. and the all-in-one was all I was hoping for and more. No complaints.”
Not sure – check out our Best Chromebooks post.