It really doesn’t matter what business you’re in. Your marketing strategy is what matters, especially content marketing. Exceptional content marketing is an integral part of a successful marketing strategy.The life of your business relies on written content to:
- Create and maintain a strong online presence
- Build your brand
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Improve conversion rates
With this much riding on content, you cannot afford to skimp on the quality of the written word when it comes to your business communications. Therefore, employ topnotch copywriters for the following 5 areas where your online marketing should be at its best.
Every blog post has a title. By design, titles are generally short in length. Nonetheless, they are the most important part of the content they introduce. A title should prompt a reader to continue to the first paragraph of your content, known as the introductory paragraph. A good title will do this every time. It will convince a reader that your content is a must read.
Keep the human factor in mind when developing blog titles. You will find that the human attention span, like a title, is generally short in length. You have a small window of time, approximately 30 seconds or less, in which to grab a reader’s attention with your title. A blog title should be:
- Brief — Be concise. Say more with less.
- Clear — Avoid overly large or difficult words. Use words that are clearly and easily understood by the vast majority of readers.
- Definitive— Choose title words wisely. They should be bold in meaning to capture the reader’s attention instantaneously. The words contained in the title should also be accurate indicators of the content being introduced.
- Reader-oriented — Engage the reader. Use words like “you” and “your.” Avoid “we” and “us.”This personalizes the title and tells the reader they will benefit from reading your content.
Email Subject Lines
Email subject lines are like blog titles. They introduce your email content and should prompt the recipient to open the email message. Email subject lines should be:
- Actionable — Use words that convey actions the recipient can or should take.
- Brief — Create short email subject lines. They are cut off when they are too lengthy.
- Clear — Choose words that accurately indicate the contents of the email you desire the recipient to read.
- Personal — Speak to the recipient’s needs with your subject line.
Contrary to popular belief, meta descriptions still play an important role online.They impact conversion rates, which matter for search engine optimization. Web surfers and searchers are less likely to click your search engine result if your meta description is lackluster. Consequently, a compelling meta description is of the utmost importance. Use vivid verbs, like Discover, Unlock, Learn, and Read, to enticeWeb surfers and searchers to action.Convert them from prospective readers to readers by explaining how they will benefit from clicking your link and reading your content.
Product descriptions are important for generating transactions. If finalizing sales or booking subscriptions is your goal, a strongly impactful product description is what you need. It should be clear, concise, and accurately descriptive of your product and its benefits to those who use it.Product descriptions should not be overly lengthy. They should get to the point quickly without neglecting to answer questions that would impede conversions if left unaddressed. Product descriptions should be:
- Original — Say something fresh and new about your product to keep it from seeming generic. Avoid using duplicated information, such as a manufacturer’s description.
- Informative — Answer common questions in your product description. This encourages consumer confidence in your product and increases the likelihood of it being purchased.
- Compelling — Use choice adjectives to describe your product. Doing so will tell your reader that they will “miss out” if they do not purchase your product.
Submission buttons seem to serve no purpose other than to submit information in a form or to proceed to further content. While they do serve these purposes, they have the potential to do even more. They can actually entice readers and encourage them to take action simply by the words they display. Avoid the usual button words like, Go, Submit, and Send. Choose actionable and specific words and phrases appropriately. Suggestions for powerful button text include:
- Become a Member
- Cast Your Vote
- Get a Free Sample
- Get the eBook
- Enroll Now
- Join Now
- Learn More
- Submit Your Payment
- Subscribe Now
Each suggested button text above can be customized even further to be more specific and meaningful. For example, Enroll Now can be changed to Enroll in the Class Nowor Click Here to Enroll Now.
These are just 5 areas where your content should be at its best. Employ these and other proven, professional writing tactics to your other content areas and give your content marketing the edge.
Written by Anita Smith. She is a freelance writer and digital marketer. She often spends her time looking for great optimization and SEO techniques.