- Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor
- 4 GB DDR SDRAM
- 16 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD) (Note: No CD or DVD drive)
- 15.6-Inch Full HD Screen w/Intel HD Graphics
- 9-hour battery life
Right out of the gate – the “15” means 15.6″ screen – nice and big AND its HD, which is a chromebook first. This size of screen makes it look just like a “normal” PC and the Intel processor makes it act like one.
As with all good netbooks – the computer uses modern dual-band 802.11ac wireless chipsets – to make sure you can connect to any WiFi you already have setup at work, home or school.
Need to get work done – use the embedded QuickOffice editor or Google Docs and you can open/edit MS Office files. And although you cannot run full blown MS Office, this chromebook is powerful enough to get the job done.
This and all chromebooks are not windows computers or Apple. The operating system is Chrome. Its more like the software found on phones than laptops. This makes the work very well.
Acer Chromebook 15 Review:
All in all – fantastic chromebook. If you are looking to get the form of an Apple at a much lower price and looks and runs well. The bigger screen really gives the feel of a “regular” laptop. This is a great transition if you are making the switch.
My son regularly uses a chromebook for his High School work and it has been working wonderfully.
- The 4 gig version is worth the extra few dollars. There is a 2 gig version – and I’m not sure it would be powerful enough.
- This chromebook allows for using an additional screen.
- Embedded webcam allows for app like Skype and Google Handouts.
- Anti-virus protection is taken care by the Chrome OS.
- With the built in SD card reader (full size SD) you can increase and make portable the storage. The card does stick out a little when inserted -so there will be a small bump if you leave it in.
- If you need a wired network, this is a wireless only machine.
- Printing is possible – you will just to make sure you have a wireless printer available. But that how most of us print these days as well.
- No touchscreen.