An internet cloud is more concrete than it sounds. In terms of marketing, it has various aspects you can use and manipulate to suit your business needs. The following cloud and marketing characteristics will familiarize you with the cloud so that you can optimize your marketing strategies.
In order to understand how marketing works within the cloud, a basic knowledge of its function and purpose is helpful.
- Cloud: At the most fundamental level, this is the internet. In terms of marketing, the cloud is also an internet service where marketing strategies can take place.
- Cloud Computing: This depends on sharing internet network resources rather than using local servers or personal devices to handle applications. This kind of system can perform tens of trillions of computations per second to achieve tasks such as delivering customized information and providing data storage.
Cloud Marketing Terminology
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Users do not have to pay an advertising fee to a search engine for listing their websites. This includes the search engine results page (SERP) that appears when you search for a specific term. SEO is the process of getting your website to the top of the SERP organically when others are looking for your products and services.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): This is a broad term that refers to increasing website visibility in search engines through either SEO or paid advertising. However, it’s widely used when discussing only the latter. With SEM, users pay a fee to a search engine for listing their websites, typically for pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
- Marketing Cloud: This involves SEO and SEM, as well as social media marketing (SMM), mobile media marketing (MMM), banner and contextual advertising, hosting and domain issues. Professional cloud marketers may offer and perform any of these various marketing strategies for their clients along with detailed online reporting.
Services and Benefits
Some companies offer all the services you need for a complete cloud marketing experience. There are companies that provide analytics, as well as advertising, targeting, web management solutions and a live dashboard that you may need to use for your marketing campaign. These companies usually encourage advertising on social media.
Small and medium-sized businesses often lack the time and financial resources to build and maintain the online presence of their company. The cloud can provide businesses access to these resources, is flexible and can accommodate constant changes within a business. For example, companies can add or remove services according to business needs, and they only pay for the services they use.
Cloud management tools can optimize a company’s computer-based resources so that they are interacting properly with other users and services within the cloud. Other benefits of cloud marketing include:
- Establishing a backup system for your online transactions. If a local network crashes, the cloud acts as a storage source where you can recover important information.
- Building a wide and strong network on social media. You can increase fans and followers quickly.
- Boost visibility. Effective advertising through the cloud can exponentially increase your company’s exposure.
- Demonstrating business influence. Your competitors and customers can experience the immediate effects of your company’s success.
- Staying current on your forum discussions. You can monitor various conversations on social media sites and stay attuned to the needs of your customers and fans.
- Allowing fans in social media to interact within the cloud and be your spokespersons. Word of mouth gives substance to your company, and it often spreads more quickly online than by old-fashioned methods.
Optimizing cloud marketing can make your business transactions more efficient and more secure. It can give your company a stronger and wider-reaching presence. Ultimately, having a basic understanding of the internet cloud will help you achieve success for your business.