Many business owners in any sizes find that using SEO techniques in an online campaign is extremely important, so running SEO tests for their strategies would be a necessity. Testing your SEO techniques and strategies are your priorities to find out what works and does not. Simply, this testing can take a considerable deal of time, so its effectiveness is not yet certain.
Tools required for running SEO tests
Running an SEO test is test is a difficult task because of the tools and its terms involved. Therefore, understanding these things would be your first priority so that you can run its SEO effectively. Bear in mind that these things can be extremely complicated, so it needs your full concentration just to understand them. These tools are extremely indispensable, so you need to learn them one by one if you take a do – it – yourself SEO approach.
Google Analytics provides you with its SEO testing foundation and lets you measures you ROI advertising and track your performance. It also offers rich web – based feature tools at no cost and provides an extensive set of reports and metric without any complicated set – up. You will find lots of support across the web because it is widely accepted.
Multivariate testing allows user visiting your site to view several and different versions each of the same web page. Also, these testing application tracks user how they responded to each page. Google provides a Web Optimizer for free needed for the SEO proving grounds. It is easy to set – up and comes with a support of a large user community.
How to implement internal SEO testing
Setting up an SEO testing is not as complicated and difficult as it seems. When you are using Google Analytics and Web Optimizer or other tools, then the test will surely execute without a hitch. All you have to do is follow the steps and these are follows:
- Place the GA tracking code in your website – this make some time, but it is worth your effort. If you do not feel the page remits tracking, then do not include it because no single tracking pages will leaves you in the dark. Remember that if you do not know what appeals to users costs you money, so your efforts are in vain and wasted. Write down the file names you want to track and make copies of them for multivariate testing.
- Set up goals tracking – goal tracking allows you to measure the effectiveness of the different funnels in your site. First, start in your landing pages and find out where you want the user to end up if your funnel has forms, include a thank you page, product displays with the appropriate prices, and registration pages. Pay attention to landing pages, which resulted from advertising click for keyword advertiser.
- Set up multivariate testing – optimizing your funnel to be successful is your first main concern. Create multiple copies of the same landing pages and test how these different pages will work with various ad copies. Your landing pages should depend on your advertising, so create it accordingly to alter the funnel flow and test them which works or not.
- Review goal – tracking results – observe how your funnel works and utilize conversion percentage to establish your baseline so that it will be useful for future testing. Look and compare your visits and visitors because this will give you an idea how often these users converted on their initial visit and return visits. In addition, makes notes of referring sites because knowing where users came from can help improves your marketing budget efficiency.
- Review multivariate testing data – go back to your goals and compare it with several landing pages in your funnel. Use the best variation as a model for creating a successful funnel and note, as well as, the unsuccessful variations. Analyze them why the pages failed and compared it with the successful variations. Take the most successful variations from each page, put them all in one funnel, and if all variations had similar success rate, look at your goal conversion and this conversion appeals to your visitors.
What is external SEO testing?
External SEO Tests is also called SEO page testing. This is where a third party can test the SEO effectiveness of a given page. This will tell you how sound the SEO techniques you are using are working. You need to make sure you use a quality SEO testing site – sometimes these sites will point out issues and give you a grade…even better.
Why test SEO?
Testing your SEO techniques and strategies improve and enhance many things on your site. such as its effectiveness. Remember that your sales depend on your advertisement and promotion so these things will help get paid traffic. In addition, more people shop online, so create a move that drive these shoppers to your sites.
Testing your SEO externally will tell you how well your SEO process is working – and if it is working.
Testing landing pages, funnel and your SEO techniques are your main concern. By doing these you test Google’s algorithm to see what works for you, your keywords and create successful funnel, which helps you generate income. All in all, running SEO tests can make a big difference to your businesses!