It came up again today at work (Clickstop) where we had a SEO discussion about different SEO Tests, this time it was the idea of “Does keyword position matter to Google?”. Basically – does it really matter what position on the page your keyword shows up?
Here’s the idea:
- Same keyword for each page
- Different paragraph text for each page (via Bacon Ipsum)
- No keyword used for the link – we’ll just use the url to the page
- We also are not using the keyword in the title
- Create a keyword: ch4s3Lwksyhes
- Build out 16 pages and place the keyword using the concepts in the above diagram.
- Link to all the pages, using the url as the anchor text:
So – what do you think? Does keyword position matter to Google?