To many articles out there assume that the reader is well versed in SEO. However, did you know according to the PEW research & Static Brain, that over 60% of small businesses do not have a website? Staggering. So with that said, lets look at some of the fundamentals in small business SEO and how to project manage them.
If you have researched terms such as ‘SEO’ and ‘keyword implementation’. However, SEO project management techniques are essential if you plan on using these tools to their full potential. Just as a car has all the proper tools to go from point A to point B, small business SEO techniques can get you to where you want to go, but you need guidance. With some of these management techniques you can use every marketing tool in the way that it was intended.
Have Purpose with Small Business SEO
This is the most essential tool in your arsenal; be focused. Sure, you may know what key word implementation means, you may know the power of social media, you may even understand back links, but are you using them correctly? Every thing you do for your website, or business, needs to have a purpose.
- Generate possible increases in traffic. I.E. “What is a realistic amount of traffic this website can generate?”
- Use social media to your advantage. Create a Twitter account that is associated with your business. Also, make sure that when you use these media outlets, you have a reason. If you Tweet, make the Tweet attractive to increase traffic to your website.
- Develop strategies in order to increase sales. Don’t just say you’re going to get more clients, create an outlet to do so. If you’re selling a product from your website, offer money back guarantees, coupons to save money, free shipping. Create scenarios in which you can attract people to buy something.
Time and People Management
This is essential, regardless if you’re working alone or you have a staff. Plan out goals! Make deadlines for said goals and make sure that you stick to them with little, or no, leeway.
- Create goals such as generating 50 backlinks per day. Make your staff get your URL out onto as many pages on the web as possible.
- Provide a creative, and hard working, small business SEO based environment. Make sure that everything you do for the business creates a link back to your website, pertains to something you sell, or gives a reason to do business with you.
One of the best ways to get involved is by becoming a freelance small business SEO project management official. Become the person that large businesses seek out in order to boost traffic, and sales, on their website.
- Most large businesses have SEO teams already, but do they have guidance? Having an SEO team is like having a boat with no paddles. Become the person that excels the company to a level they didn’t expect.
- Get your name out there as much as possible. Don’t spam your SEO project management ideas, show them! Give examples of where you’ve took companies in the past to new heights. If you’re a new freelancer, read every resource to become great. small business SEO tools can make a website go from average to amazing.